MetroPCS, originally founded in 1994, is a wireless carrier that provides prepaid plans. MetroPCS delivers service to its customers using T-Mobile’s wireless network.
Today, MetroPCS customers can enjoy 4G LTE service as well as services using HSPA, HSPA+, and GSM technologies. MetroPCS used to also provide CDMA services, but this network was decommissioned in 2015.
MetroPCS customers have the option to bring their own phone when signing up for a new plan. Just make sure that phone isn’t unlocked on a CDMA network — otherwise it won’t work!
MetroPCS has tons of retail stores across the United States, making it easy for you to get support when something is wrong with your plan or phone. To date, there are roughly 17,000 T-Mobile and MetroPCS retail locations.
Fun Facts About Metro by T-Mobile
- The latest iPhones and Androids are available on MetroPCS.
- MetroPCS plans to build more than 1,000 retail stores in 2018!
- MetroPCS is an MVNO operating on T-Mobile’s wireless network.
- MetroPCS plans have no annual contract! You’ll never be locked into a plan you don’t like.
- MetroPCS has scam ID protection that can flag spam phone calls as “Scam Likely.”