Total Wireless is an MVNO that operates using Verizon Wireless’s LTE and CDMA technology. Total Wireless is just one of ten brands that fall under the umbrella of the TracFone family.
Total Wireless keeps it simple when it comes to cell phone plans. You have two types of plan to choose from: single line plans, or a family plan with 2 – 4 lines. Both types of plans include various options in terms of data allotment. If you desire more data, you can add more, 5 GB at a time.
If you already own the phone you’d like to use, you can! Just make sure that phone is compatible with the Total Wireless CDMA network. If it is, Total Wireless will send a new SIM card right to you.
Beginning in late 2017, Total Wireless phones and top-up cards can be purchased at certain retail locations. As you can probably imagine, the selection at these retail locations can leave a lot to be desired. Unless you’re really in a pinch, your best bet is to find your perfect phone using our cell phone comparison tool, then purchase it online.
Fun Facts About Total Wireless
- Until 2017, you could only buy retail Total Wireless top-up cards and phones at Walmart.
- All of the latest Samsung phones and iPhones can be purchased from Total Wireless online.
- Total Wireless delivers service using Verizon’s network, the most expansive in the industry
- Top-up cards are available if you’re ever in immediate need of more minutes, messages, or data
- Plans start at less than $25 / month!