In 2010, Republic Wireless was founded as a subsidiary of Bandwidth.com, a publicly traded communications platform. This carrier is a mobile virtual network operator that provides service to customers on T-Mobile’s and Sprint’s cellular network.
Republic Wireless offers prepaid plans with no contracts. Unless most carriers which offers a variety of different plans, Republic Wireless has one plan — the My Choice Plan. Although there’s only one plan, it’s highly customizable! It starts with a base rate for unlimited talk and text, then you choose how many GB of data you need.
If you already have a phone, you might be able to keep it when you sign up for a new Republic Wireless cell phone plan. You can check your phone’s compatibility directly on their website!
If you don’t already have your own phone, you can purchase one online from Republic Wireless. They have a wide selection of Android phones from top brands like Samsung and Moto. If you prefer iPhones over Androids, Republic Wireless probably isn’t a good option for you. Currently, no iPhone is compatible with their network.
Fun Facts About Republic Wireless
- Republic Wireless has hundreds of thousands of subscribers.
- If you already have a phone, you may be able to keep it with the Republic Wireless bring your own phone program.
- You can buy a new Android phone directly from Republic Wireless.
- In 2017, Republic Wireless was ranked #3 by Consumer Reports for Best Prepaid Wireless Services.
- With the ability to build your own plans, you don’t have to pay for cellular data you don’t need!