TracFone Wireless is one of the ten wireless carriers that fall under the TracFone Family. TracFone is a subsidiary of America Movil, the largest telecommunications company in Mexico.
TracFone is a MVNO, meaning that they lease wireless service from other major carriers so they can provide it for you. Unlike some other MVNOs, TracFone provides coverage using the wireless technology of all four of the major wireless carriers: Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile.
TracFone plans are very much pay-as-you-go. When you need more minutes, messages, or cellular data, you purchase top-up cards to “refill” your phone. You’re never locked into an expensive annual contract or commitment.
Even though TracFone doesn’t offer annual contracts like the big carriers, you can still get an awesome smartphone. You can various models of iPhones, Samsungs, LGs and more available with TracFone by using our cell phone comparison tool.
Fun Facts About TracFone
- There are ten wireless carriers in the TracFone Family! Check them out using our cell phone comparison tool.
- TracFone doesn’t lock you into a long contract.
- Most MVNOs only lease coverage from one or two major carriers. TracFone does from all four!
- If you already have an unlocked phone, you can probably keep it when you switch to TracFone.
- Want a new iPhone or Android? You can buy one directly from TracFone!