Ultra Mobile is a prepaid cell phone plan provider that was founded in 2012. Rather than selling phones and plans like most wireless carriers, Ultra Mobile sells SIM cards with preloaded plans. All you have to do is insert that SIM card into your phone and you’re ready to go.
But since Ultra Mobile doesn’t sell phones, you’ll have to bring your own. Their SIM cards are compatible with most T-Mobile and AT&T phones as both these carriers operate using GSM technology.
If international communication is important to you, Ultra Mobile is a great carrier to choose. Their monthly prepaid plans include unlimited calling to 75 countries! Ultra Mobile also offers plans with unlimited 4G LTE data if you’re in need of a more standard cell phone plans.
Ultra Mobile has received national recognition for its outstanding services. In 2015, Inc. Magazine ranked Ultra Mobile #1 overall on a list of the 5,000 fastest growing private companies. Additionally, there are plenty of retail locations selling Ultra Mobile SIM card kits. However, we don’t always recommend going to a retail location because the selection isn’t always great.
Fun Facts About Ultra Mobile
- Ultra Mobile was ranked #1 by Inc. Magazine on their list of the 5,000 fastest growing private companies in 2015.
- Ultra Mobile is the parent company of Mint Mobile.
- This carrier prioritizes international calling, making it available in 75 countries.
- Ultra Mobile services are available at some retail locations.
- Ultra Mobile doesn’t sell phones, only plans and SIM cards!