TextNow uses a combination of Wi-Fi and cellular to provide cell service. Their cloud-based technology is more cost-efficient, and TextNow passes those savings onto you. Furthermore, the Wi-Fi component of the network means you can still have great service in areas that may not be covered by cellular.
You can also easily connect all of your devices to your TextNow plan. There’s a free TextNow app that you can install on your smartphone, Mac, or Windows computer.
Don’t worry, you can still get LTE data on a TextNow plan! If you’re not connected to Wi-Fi, your phone can use cellular data on the Sprint (CDMA) or T-Mobile (GSM) wireless network. Additionally, if your phone is connected to a CDMA network, you also set up your phone as a mobile hotspot.
Fun Facts About TextNow
- TextNow is the first cloud-based wireless carrier.
- You can connect all of your devices to your TextNow account using the free app.
- You may be able to bring your own GSM or CDMA unlocked phone to TextNow.
- TextNow’s wireless plans start at only $9.99!
- The Wi-Fi component of TextNow’s network means you can have service even in areas that aren’t covered by a cellular network.