Founded in 1983, US Cellular is a wireless carrier that provides regional coverage to more than five million customers. Despite having tens of millions fewer subscribers than the big four, US Cellular is the fifth largest wireless carrier.
US Cellular has won plenty of awards for its outstanding coverage and service. From 2006 – 2011, this carrier was awarded “Highest in Wireless Call Quality Performance” by JD Power & Associates. US Cellular has received similarly high praise from Consumer Reports and PC Magazine.
US Cellular provides its customers with 4G LTE and, in some areas, VoLTE (Voice LTE). US Cellular on provides service to customers in 23 states, so if you’re thinking about signing up for a US Cellular cell phone plan, make sure to take a look at our coverage maps first!
As more and more people get smartphones, US Cellular is continuing to find new ways to provide its customers with the fast data speeds. In 2016, US Cellular partnered with Google and their Google Fi MVNO program.
Fun Facts About US Cellular
- From 2003 – 2016, the Chicago White Sox played at “US Cellular Field” after the company bought the stadium’s naming rights.
- US Cellular sponsors NASCAR’s annual “US Cellular 250.”
- Despite having “US” in its name, US Cellular is not affiliated with the government of the United States.
- US Cellular also offers high-speed internet plans.
- US Cellular has lots of retail locations where a customer service rep will help you set up a new phone.