When you perform a hard reset, your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus immediately restarts. A hard reset is the equivalent of restarting your computer by unplugging it, then plugging it back in.
Why Should I Perform A Hard Reset On My iPhone 8 Or 8 Plus?
Although you shouldn't rely on hard resets to turn your iPhone off and back on, it can be a reliable way to turn your iPhone off and back on when its unresponsive, frozen, or experiencing a software crash.
How Do I Perform A Hard Reset On My iPhone 8 Or 8 Plus?
How To Perform A Hard Reset On Your iPhone 8 Or 8 Plus
- Quickly press the volume up button on the side of your iPhone.
- Quickly press the volume down button on the side of your iPhone.
- Press and hold the power button.
- Release the power button when the Apple logo appears on the display. Your iPhone 8 will turn back on shortly after.
Applies To: iPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus
- You may need to press and hold the power button for 15-30 before the hard reset is initiated.
- The iPhone power button is also known as the Sleep / Wake button.