Turning your iPhone off and back on again can fix simple problems with your iPhone's software.
Why Should I Turn My iPhone Off And Back On?
When you turn off your iPhone, the operating system shuts down all the little background programs that keep your iPhone running. When you turn your iPhone back on, all those little background programs start fresh, and sometimes that’s enough to fix a simple software glitch.
How Do I Turn My iPhone Off And Back On?
How To Turn Your iPhone Off And Back On
- Press and hold the power button until "slide to power off" appears on the screen.
- Use your finger to swipe the red power button across the screen from left to right.
- Wait for your iPhone to turn all the way off. This may take up to 30 seconds.
- To turn your iPhone back on, press and hold the power button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- Let go of the power button and wait for your iPhone to turn on.
Applies To: iPhone 5,iPhone 5S,iPhone 5C,iPhone 6,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6S,iPhone 6S Plus,iPhone SE,iPhone 7,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone X,iPhone XS,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XR,iPhone 11,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone SE 2
- In Apple jargon, the power button is known as the Wake / Sleep button.