When your iPhone is in Airplane mode, both Wi-Fi and cellular connections turn off and you won't be able to receive calls or text messages.
How Do I Turn Off Airplane Mode?
There are two ways to turn off Airplane mode:
Turn Off Airplane Mode In The Settings App
- Open the Settings app.
- Look at the switch next to Airplane mode.
- If the switch is green, then Airplane mode is on.
- Use your finger to tap the switch. You'll know the switch is off when it turns gray.
- If the switch was already gray when you opened the Settings app, then Airplane mode was already turned off.
Turn Off Airplane Mode In Control Center
- To open Control Center, swipe up from below the bottom of your screen.
- If the Airplane mode icon is white inside an orange circle, then Airplane mode is on.
- To turn off Airplane mode, use to finger to tap the Airplane mode icon. You'll know Airplane mode is off when the Airplane mode icon becomes black inside a gray circle.
- If the Airplane mode icon is already black inside a gray circle, then Airplane mode is already turned off.