The founders of Consumer Cellular focused on providing affordable plans to seniors and retired persons. In accordance with this mission, Consumer Cellular formed a partnership with the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) in 2006. This helped them grow their customer base to more than two million subscribers.
It’s very easy to build your own plan with Consumer Cellular. You can choose exactly how many minutes and how much data you’ll need. Plus, all their plans come with unlimited texting.
Consumer Cellular also makes it fairly easy to bring your phone to their network. If you have an AT&T or T-Mobile phone, or if your current phone is GSM-unlocked, you can keep it when you sign up for a Consumer Cellular plan. They’ll send you a new, free SIM card that you can put in the phone you already love. If you don’t have a phone yet, that’s okay too! Consumer Cellular has a wide selection of phones available, from basic flip phones to the latest smartphones, including the iPhone X.
Consumer Cellular has received national recognition for their excellent service. They’ve frequently won the award for #1 Overall Customer Satisfaction from Consumer Reports. In 2009, Inc. 5000 ranked Consumer Cellular as one of Oregon’s fastest growing companies.
We highly recommend Consumer Cellular for seniors and AARP members!
Fun Facts About Consumer Cellular
- AARP members can get a discount on their Consumer Cellular plan.
- Consumer Reports has rated Consumer Cellular #1 in overall customer satisfaction multiple times.
- You can bring a AT&T, T-Mobile, or GSM-unlocked phone to Consumer Cellular.
- You can buy the latest smartphones directly from Consumer Cellular.
- Consumer Cellular is a T-Mobile and AT&T MVNO.