Cricket Wireless cell phone plans don’t have yearly contracts, so you’ll never be locked into a plan that you don’t like. There are plenty of different types of plans, including various amounts of 4G LTE data. You can also add on great features like mobile hotspot and Cricket Protect.
Cricket Protect is a great insurance plan if you are going to purchase an iPhone. The big difference between Cricket Protect an AppleCare+ is that Cricket Protect actually covers your iPhone is the event of accidental water damage — AppleCare+ doesn’t do the same!
If you’re not interested in buying a new iPhone from Cricket, that’s okay! They also have the latest Androids including the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. Or, if you already have a phone, you might be able to bring it along with you when you sign up with Cricket Wireless. As long as your phone is GSM unlocked, you can probably keep it when you switch to Cricket — all you’ll need is a new SIM card!
Fun Facts About Cricket Wireless
- When Cricket Wireless was originally founded, they only provided service to the Chattanooga, Tennessee area!
- The first iPhones available from Cricket Wireless were the iPhone 4 and 4s.
- Cricket wireless has a BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program.
- Cricket used to offer CDMA service, but that was discontinued shortly after they were acquired by AT&T.
- Cricket’s insurance program even covers accidental liquid damage!