Apps use memory, or RAM, to deal with their active tasks. This process will help you check an app's RAM usage on your phone.
Why Should I Check RAM Usage On Android?
If an app is using too much RAM, it can slow down your phone. Checking the usage can help you see if an app is using an unusual amount of resources. Stopping these apps can help make your phone faster.
How Do I Check RAM Usage On Android?
How To Check RAM Usage On Android
This process is different depending on whether or not you've turned on developer options.
Turn On Developer Options to Check Memory
- Swipe down from the top of your screen and tap the gear icon to check your settings.
- Scroll down and tap about phone.
- Tap software information
- Tap software version repeatedly until a message pops up.
- Developer options is now enabled.
Check RAM Usage On Your Phone
- If developer options is turned on, you should see at the bottom of your settings list. Tap it.
- At the top of the developer options menu, tap memory
- Tap memory usage
- A list of apps should appear ordered by memory usage. You can see which apps are using the most memory here.