It may be a mouthful, but the Charging Case needs to be charged in order to charge your AirPods.
How Do I Charge The AirPods Charging Case?
- Plug a Lightning cable into the Lightning connector on your Charging Case.
- Plug the other end of the Lightning cable into a USB port or wall charger.
- It may take a few hours to fully charge your Charging Case.
- The Charging Case has a battery built in that charges your AirPods on the go.
- You can charge your Charging Case with or without your AirPods inside.
- Every new pair of AirPods you buy from the Apple Store comes with a Lightning cable and a Charging Case.