If dirt, dust, or other debris gets into your AirPods or Charging Case, it can affect their functionality and cause hardware problems. For example, if there is debris in your Charging Case, your AirPods may not charge properly.
How Do I Clean My AirPods and Charging Case?
- Get a soft, lint-free cloth. Don't use tissue or cloth that will break up inside your devices.
- Gently wipe your AirPods and Charging Case with the cloth.
- For more compact debris, you can use an anti-static brush or new toothbrush to clean it out.
- Don't have an anti-static brush lying around? We recommend this great two-pack of brushes available in the Payette Forward Shop.
- You should clean your AirPods and Charging Case regularly to prevent damage.
- Don't get any moisture into the openings of your AirPods or Charging Case.
- Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives to clean your AirPods or Charging Case.