AirPods are designed to automatically connect to any of your devices linked to your Apple ID. It's possible that they connected to one of your other Apple devices such as an iPad or iPod.
Why Should I Make Sure My AirPods Are Connected To The Correct Device?
If your AirPods are connected to a different device, they may be receiving audio output from the other device. AirPods are not designed to receive audio output from two devices at the same time.
How Do I Make Sure My AirPods Are Connected To The Correct Device?
- Go to the Home screen
- Using your finger, open Control Center by swiping up from below your screen.
- Use your finger to swipe from right to left to open the audio interface (pictured on the left).
- Tap the audio output button , which looks like a small triangle with three circles coming out of it.
- Tap AirPods to connect your iPhone to your AirPods.
- If you do not see AirPods listed, they are out of range.
- If you are having trouble opening Control Center, you probably aren't swiping up from low enough.