When you download an app from the App Store, that app installs data on your iPhone so the app will work properly. If something went wrong during the download process from the App Store, the app may not download at all.
Deleting the app gives your iPhone and the app an opportunity to start over if you want to try and download the app again.
How Do I Delete The App That's Not Downloading?
- Lightly press and hold the icon of the app you want to delete.
- After a couple seconds, your iPhone will briefly vibrate and a tiny X will appear in the upper left-hand corner of most of your apps.
- Tap the X on the icon of the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete when the confirmation alert appears on your iPhone's display.
- Go back to the App Store and try to download the app once again.
- Don't press and hold the app icon too hard, otherwise you may activate 3D touch!