iOS is the software operating system of iPhones, iPads, and iPods. Apple releases frequent updates to iOS to fix software bugs and patch up security issues.
Why Should I Update iOS On My iPhone?
If your iPhone is running an outdated version of iOS, you may run into problems that could be fixed simply by updating the most recent version of iOS.
How Do I Update iOS On My iPhone?
There are two ways to update iOS on your iPhone: in the Settings app and by using iTunes.
Update iOS In The Settings App
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If an update is available, tap Install Now.
Update iOS Using iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to a computer using a Lightning cable.
- Open iTunes.
- Click the Phone button in the upper left-hand corner of iTunes (see image 3).
- Click Check For Update.
- If an update is available, click Download and Install.
- If you plan on updating iOS in the Settings app, make sure your iPhone has over 50% of its battery life or is plugging into a power source.