When you perform a hard reset, your iPhone X abruptly restarts itself. Think of it like quickly pulling out and reinserting a plug to try and fix one of your electronic devices.
Why Should I Hard Reset My iPhone X?
If your iPhone X is frozen or unresponsive, a hard reset allows you to restart your device. It's important to note that a hard reset is only ever a temporary fix to a software problem because it doesn't address the underlying cause of the issue.
How Do I Hard Reset My iPhone X?
- Press the volume up button.
- Press the volume down button.
- Press and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the display.
- Your iPhone X will turn back on shortly after.
- Whenever possible, turn off your iPhone X the normal way rather than performing a hard reset. When you perform a hard reset, the programs running on your iPhone don't get the chance to shut down properly, which can cause further software issues down the line.
- You may need to hold down the Side button for 15-30 seconds.