iPhone software updates (iOS updates) generally require 600-800 megabytes (MB) in order to install properly. Let's make sure your iPhone has enough storage to complete the update!
How Do I Make Sure My iPhone Has Enough Storage Space To Update?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Tap Storage & iCloud Usage.
- The amount of storage space you have available will be listed next to Available.
- If you don't have enough storage space to install the iOS update, clear up some space by deleting unwanted apps, photos, or other content.
- There are 1000 megabytes in one gigabyte. iOS updates don't require very much storage space!
- When a new iOS update is available, it will list how much space is needed in Settings -> General -> Software Update.