iPhone 8 Plus Won't Ring? Here's The Real Fix!
Your iPhone 8 Plus is not ringing and you don't know why. You're starting to miss important calls, texts, and more! This article will what to do when your iPhone 8 Plus won't ring.
How To Fix An Phone 8 Plus That's Not Ringing6 Steps Total
Check The Ring / Silent Switch On Your iPhone 8
You can use the Ring / Silent switch to quickly toggle your iPhone 8 ringer on or off. If the switch is flipped to the Silent side, your iPhone 8 won't ring.
How Do I Check The Ring / Silent Switch On My iPhone 8?
- Examine the Ring / Silent switch on the left-hand side of your iPhone.
- If the switch is pulled towards the back of your iPhone and you see a small orange line, your iPhone 8 is on silent.
- To turn the ringer on, pull the Ring / Silent switch towards the front of your iPhone 8.
Make Sure Do Not Disturb Is Turned Off
All calls, texts, and other notifications get silenced when Do Not Disturb is turned on.
How Do I Make Sure Do Not Disturb Is Turned Off?
There are a few ways to turn off Do Not Disturb on your iPhone 8:
Turn Off Do Not Disturb In Control Center
- Open Control Center by swiping up from below the bottom of your iPhone 8's display.
- Tap the Do Not Disturb icon to turn it off. You'll know its off when the moon icon is white inside of a dark gray square (see image 1).
Turn Off Do Not Disturb In Settings
- Open up the Settings app.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Tap the switch next to Do Not Disturb at the top of the screen.
- You'll know Do Not Disturb is off if the switch is positioned to the left (see image 2).
Turn Off Do Not Disturb With Siri
- Press and hold the Home button to activate Siri.
- Say, "Turn off Do Not Disturb."
Turn iPhone Ringer Volume All The Way Up
Even if you’re hearing other sounds on your iPhone, your iPhone may not be ringing because the ringer volume can be set independently from the volume of the other sounds your iPhone. So while the rest of the sounds your iPhone makes may be getting louder because you are turning up the volume of your iPhone, your ringer volume may be stuck on nothing — or very, very low.
How Do I Turn iPhone Ringer Volume All The Way Up?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Use your finger to move the slider all the way to the right to turn your ringer volume all the way up.
- If you want to use the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone to turn up the ringer volume, make sure the switch next you Change with Buttons is turned on. You'll know the switch is on when it is green.
Look For Debris In Your iPhone's Charging Port
If debris, gunk, or lint has gotten stuck in your iPhone 8's charging port, it may get stuck in headphones mode — even if headphones aren't plugged in! When your iPhone 8 is stuck in headphones mode, you won't hear it ring.
- Use a flashlight to take a close look inside your iPhone 8's charging port.
- Use an anti-static brush or unused toothbrush to remove any debris from inside the port.
Repair Your iPhone With Apple
Apple repairs iPhones at the Genius Bar in Apple Stores and through their online mail-in repair service. Apple repairs are high-quality, but out-of-warranty repairs can be much more expensive than third-party solutions. If you're looking to save some money you're not covered by Apple's warranty, you may want to check out our other recommendations.
How Do I Repair My iPhone With Apple?
How To Repair Your iPhone With Apple's Mail-In Service
- Visit Apple's support website to begin the online mail-in repair process.
- Alternatively, call 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) to set up a repair.
How To Repair Your iPhone At The Genius Bar Inside Your Local Apple Store
- Visit Apple's website to make a Genius Bar appointment before you go into the store. Apple Stores are extremely busy, and if you don't have an appointment, you may have to wait for hours or end up being turned away. (Editor's note: I'm a former Apple tech and we're not exaggerating — please, do yourself a favor and make an appointment first!)
- When you arrive, go to the Genius Bar to check in for your appointment.
- Genius Bar appointments always include free diagnosis. If you're under warranty, many repairs can be done on the spot, but it all depends upon which parts are in stock. If you're not under warranty, the Genius will give you a quote for the cost of a repair.
Repair Your iPhone With Puls
Puls is a "we come to you" iPhone repair service that will meet you at your home, office, or Starbucks to repair your iPhone in as little as 30 minutes. Every Puls repair is backed by a lifetime warranty and their prices tend to be a lot less than Apple's. Puls repairs broken iPhone screens, batteries, speakers, cameras, charging ports, and more. The only drawback at this point is that Puls isn't available everywhere (they're mostly in major US cities).
How Do I Repair My iPhone With Puls?
- Visit Puls.com.
- Select iPhone.
- Select the model of your iPhone.
- Enter your ZIP Code.
- Select the color of your iPhone.
- Select the repair you need completed and fill out any additional information you want the technician to know.
- Schedule a repair time and date.
- Enter your address and personal information.
- Click the button that says "Submit Repair Request".
Your iPhone 8 Plus is ringing once again and you've fixed the problem for good. Next time your iPhone 8 Plus won't ring, you'll know exactly how to fix the problem. If you have any other questions about your iPhone 8 Plus, leave them below in the comments section!