My iPhone 7 Won't Ring! Here's The Real Fix.
Your iPhone 7 isn't ringing and you don't know what do. This can be an incredibly frustrating problem, especially if you're missing important phone calls or text messages. In this article, I'll tell you why your iPhone 7 won't ring and show you exactly how to fix the problem once and for all.
Why Won't My iPhone 7 Ring? Here's The Fix:6 Steps Total
Check Your Ring/Silent Switch
The Ring/Silent switch is used to quickly and easily turn your ringer on and off. If your switch is flipped to silent, your iPhone won't ring.
How Do I Check My Ring/Silent Switch?
- Take a look at your Ring/Silent switch, which is located on the left side of your iPhone.
- You'll know the your iPhone is on silent when you see a small, orange line because switch is pulled away from the screen.
- To turn your ringer on, pull the switch towards the screen.
Turn iPhone Ringer Volume All The Way Up
Even if you’re hearing other sounds on your iPhone, your iPhone may not be ringing because the ringer volume can be set independently from the volume of the other sounds your iPhone. So while the rest of the sounds your iPhone makes may be getting louder because you are turning up the volume of your iPhone, your ringer volume may be stuck on nothing — or very, very low.
How Do I Turn iPhone Ringer Volume All The Way Up?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Sounds & Haptics.
- Use your finger to move the slider all the way to the right to turn your ringer volume all the way up.
- If you want to use the volume buttons on the left side of your iPhone to turn up the ringer volume, make sure the switch next you Change with Buttons is turned on. You'll know the switch is on when it is green.
Turn Off Do Not Disturb
When Do Not Disturb is on, all incoming calls, notifications, and alerts will be silenced.
How Do I Turn Off Do Not Disturb?
There are three ways to turn off Do Not Disturb on your iPhone:
Turn Off Do Not Disturb In The Settings App
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Do Not Disturb.
- Use your finger to tap the switch next to Manual.
- You'll know Do Not Disturb is off when the switch is gray.
Turn Off Do Not Disturb In Control Center
- Swipe up from below the bottom of the screen to open Control Center.
- Use your finger to tap the Do Not Disturb icon, which looks like a moon.
- You'll know Do Not Disturb is off when the moon icon is black inside a gray circle.
Turn Off Do Not Disturb Using Siri
- Press and hold the Home button to activate Siri.
- Say, "Turn off Do Not Disturb."
- Siri will respond and let you know that Do Not Disturb is turned off.
Reset All Settings
Many iPhone problems are caused when Settings isn't set up correctly or by corruption within individual Settings app files. Restoring the Settings app back to factory defaults doesn't fix every iPhone software problem, but it is a go-to fix for Apple technicians because it does solve a lot of problems that would be very difficult to to track down by hand.
How Do I Reset All Settings?
- Go to the Home screen.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Use your finger to scroll down to Reset. It will be the last option in Settings -> General.
- Tap Reset All Settings.
- Enter your passcode.
- Tap Reset All Settings. You'll be prompted twice.
- A progress bar will appear on the screen.
- Your iPhone will automatically turn back on when the reset finishes.
Repair Your iPhone With Apple
Apple repairs iPhones at the Genius Bar in Apple Stores and through their online mail-in repair service. Apple repairs are high-quality, but out-of-warranty repairs can be much more expensive than third-party solutions. If you're looking to save some money you're not covered by Apple's warranty, you may want to check out our other recommendations.
How Do I Repair My iPhone With Apple?
How To Repair Your iPhone With Apple's Mail-In Service
- Visit Apple's support website to begin the online mail-in repair process.
- Alternatively, call 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) to set up a repair.
How To Repair Your iPhone At The Genius Bar Inside Your Local Apple Store
- Visit Apple's website to make a Genius Bar appointment before you go into the store. Apple Stores are extremely busy, and if you don't have an appointment, you may have to wait for hours or end up being turned away. (Editor's note: I'm a former Apple tech and we're not exaggerating — please, do yourself a favor and make an appointment first!)
- When you arrive, go to the Genius Bar to check in for your appointment.
- Genius Bar appointments always include free diagnosis. If you're under warranty, many repairs can be done on the spot, but it all depends upon which parts are in stock. If you're not under warranty, the Genius will give you a quote for the cost of a repair.
Repair Your iPhone With Puls
Puls is a "we come to you" iPhone repair service that will meet you at your home, office, or Starbucks to repair your iPhone in as little as 30 minutes. Every Puls repair is backed by a lifetime warranty and their prices tend to be a lot less than Apple's.
Puls repairs broken iPhone screens, batteries, speakers, cameras, charging ports, and more. The only drawback at this point is that Puls isn't available everywhere (they're mostly in major US cities).
How Do I Repair My iPhone With Puls?
- Visit Puls.com.
- Select iPhone.
- Select the model of your iPhone.
- Enter your ZIP Code.
- Select the color of your iPhone.
- Select the repair you need completed and fill out any additional information you want the technician to know.
- Schedule a repair time and date.
- Enter your address and personal information.
- Click the button that says "Submit Repair Request".
Your iPhone 7 Is Ringing!
Your iPhone 7 is ringing again you can breathe a sign of relief — you won't miss any more important phone calls. In the future, you'll know exactly what to do if your iPhone 7 won't ring. Thanks for taking the time to read our article. We encourage you to share it with all the iPhone 7 users you know, and leave us a comment below if there's anything else you'd like to ask.