No Service On iPhone 7 Plus? Here's The Fix!
Your iPhone 7 Plus says "No Service" and you don't know how to fix the problem. You've walked outside, held your iPhone 7 Plus up higher, but you can't seem to get a signal. In this article, I'll show you what to do when it says No Service on your iPhone 7 Plus so you can fix the problem for good.
Why Does My iPhone 7 Plus Say No Service? Is It Broken?
We can't be sure what's causing the problem with your iPhone just yet. Your iPhone 7 Plus might say "No Service" because of a software problem, hardware problem, or an issue with your carrier's wireless network.
Our step-by-step guide will show you how diagnose and fix the real reason why it says "No Service" on your iPhone 7 Plus!
One Quick Step: Remove The SIM Card
Before we get deep into the troubleshooting guide, try removing your SIM card, then putting it back in. It's the SIM card that connects your iPhone 7 Plus to your wireless carrier's network. Sometimes taking it out and reinserting it can fix the problem when you iPhone 7 Plus says No Service.
The SIM card tray is located on the right side of the iPhone 7 Plus right below the power button. Use a SIM card ejector tool or a straightened-out paperclip to open the tray. You can do this by firmly pressing the ejector tool or paperclip into the small hole in the SIM card tray.
Check out our other article if you need help removing the SIM card! If nothing changes after this step, keep on reading to troubleshoot why it says No Service on your iPhone 7 Plus.
How To Fix An iPhone 7 Plus That Says "No Service"6 Steps Total
Update Carrier Settings
The UpPhone recommend that you update carrier settings immediately after they become available because outdated settings may lead to connectivity issues between your iPhone and your wireless carrier's network.
Some potential issues include having poor service or your iPhone going straight to voicemail anytime you receive a call.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, or that Cellular Data is turned on.
- Open the Settings app.
- Make Tap General.
- Tap About.
- After a few seconds, if a carrier settings update is available, you'll see a pop-up on the screen of your iPhone which says, "New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?"
- Tap Update.
Update Your iPhone Software In iTunes
You can use iTunes to perform iOS updates on your iPhone. If you're unable to update your iPhone in the Settings app, sometimes using iTunes to update your iPhone is a simple workaround.
How Do I Update My iPhone Software In iTunes?
- Plug your iPhone into your computer using a Lightning cable (charging cable).
- Open iTunes.
- In the upper left hand corner of iTunes, click the iPhone icon.
- In the top box underneath iPhone, click Check For Update.
- If an update is available, click Update.
- Keep your iPhone plugged into your computer while the update downloads and installs.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings can give your iPhone a “fresh start” and allow it to connect to Bluetooth devices or WiFi networks that may have been problematic.
How Do I Reset Network Settings?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to Reset. Reset is the final option in Settings -> General.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode.
- When your iPhone restarts, the reset is complete.
Contact Your Wireless Carrier
Sometimes when your iPhone experiences issues related to your cellular network (no or poor service, calls going straight to voicemail), the problem is stemming from the cellular network, not the iPhone itself.
Below are the support numbers of major wireless carriers to contact if you're experiencing problems.
- Verizon: 1-(800)-922-0204
- Sprint: 1-(888)-211-4727
- AT&T: 1-(800)-331-0500
- T-Mobile: 1-(877)-746-0909
Get A New Cell Phone Plan
Getting a new cell phone plan may be the only solution when you're having issues getting cell service on your phone. If your phone consistently has says "Searching" or has no service, you may want to consider switching carriers.
How Do I Get A New Cell Phone Plan?
- Go to the UpPhone cell phone plan comparison tool.
- Use the sliders to select how many minutes, messages, and gigabytes of data that you need.
- Use the menus to select the features, pricing structure, and contract type that you want.
- Click View Plan when you've found one that you're interested in!
Repair Your iPhone With Apple
Apple repairs iPhones at the Genius Bar in Apple Stores and through their online mail-in repair service. Apple repairs are high-quality, but out-of-warranty repairs can be much more expensive than third-party solutions. If you're looking to save some money you're not covered by Apple's warranty, you may want to check out our other recommendations.
How Do I Repair My iPhone With Apple?
How To Repair Your iPhone With Apple's Mail-In Service
- Visit Apple's support website to begin the online mail-in repair process.
- Alternatively, call 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) to set up a repair.
How To Repair Your iPhone At The Genius Bar Inside Your Local Apple Store
- Visit Apple's website to make a Genius Bar appointment before you go into the store. Apple Stores are extremely busy, and if you don't have an appointment, you may have to wait for hours or end up being turned away. (Editor's note: I'm a former Apple tech and we're not exaggerating — please, do yourself a favor and make an appointment first!)
- When you arrive, go to the Genius Bar to check in for your appointment.
- Genius Bar appointments always include free diagnosis. If you're under warranty, many repairs can be done on the spot, but it all depends upon which parts are in stock. If you're not under warranty, the Genius will give you a quote for the cost of a repair.
No More "No Service"
Your iPhone 7 Plus has service once again, so you can start making phone calls and sending texts again. Next time it says "No Service" on your iPhone 7 Plus, you'll know exactly what to do. I hope you'll share this article on social media and leave us a comment down below if you have any other questions!