No Service On An iPhone 7 Plus? Here's What To Do.
Your iPhone 7 Plus keep saying "No Service", but you don't know how to fix the problem. Without a strong wireless connection, you can't make calls or send text message without Wi-Fi — which takes away the core functionality of what makes your iPhone so great. In this article, I'll show you what to do when it says No Service on your iPhone 7 Plus so you can fix the problem for good.
One Quick Step: Remove The SIM Card
Before we get deep into the troubleshooting guide, try removing your SIM card, then putting it back in. Your iPhone 7 Plus is connected to your carrier's network via the SIM card, so taking it out and reinserting it can sometimes fix a poor connection.
If you don't know how to remove a SIM card from your iPhone, click the link and follow the guide! If nothing changes after this step, keep on reading to troubleshoot why it says No Service on your iPhone 7 Plus.
How To Fix An iPhone 7 Pus That Says "No Service"5 Steps Total
Update Carrier Settings
The UpPhone recommend that you update carrier settings immediately after they become available because outdated settings may lead to connectivity issues between your iPhone and your wireless carrier's network. Some potential issues include having poor service or your iPhone going straight to voicemail anytime you receive a call.
- Make sure that your iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi network, or that Cellular Data is turned on.
- Open the Settings app.
- Make Tap General.
- Tap About.
- After a few seconds, if a carrier settings update is available, you'll see a pop-up on the screen of your iPhone which says, "New settings are available. Would you like to update them now?"
- Tap Update.
Update Your iPhone Software In iTunes
You can use iTunes to perform iOS updates on your iPhone. If you're unable to update your iPhone in the Settings app, sometimes using iTunes to update your iPhone is a simple workaround.
How Do I Update My iPhone Software In iTunes?
- Plug your iPhone into your computer using a Lightning cable (charging cable).
- Open iTunes.
- In the upper left hand corner of iTunes, click the iPhone icon.
- In the top box underneath iPhone, click Check For Update.
- If an update is available, click Update.
- Keep your iPhone plugged into your computer while the update downloads and installs.
Reset Network Settings
Resetting the network settings can give your iPhone a “fresh start” and allow it to connect to Bluetooth devices or WiFi networks that may have been problematic.
How Do I Reset Network Settings?
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap General.
- Scroll down to Reset. Reset is the final option in Settings -> General.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your passcode.
- When your iPhone restarts, the reset is complete.
Contact Your Wireless Carrier
Sometimes when your iPhone experiences issues related to your cellular network (no or poor service, calls going straight to voicemail), the problem is stemming from the cellular network, not the iPhone itself. Below are the support numbers of major wireless carriers to contact if you're experiencing problems.
- Verizon: 1-(800)-922-0204
- Sprint: 1-(888)-211-4727
- AT&T: 1-(800)-331-0500
- T-Mobile: 1-(877)-746-0909
- Virgin Mobile: 1-(888)-322-1122
Repair Your iPhone With Apple
Apple repairs iPhones at the Genius Bar in Apple Stores and through their online mail-in repair service. Apple repairs are high-quality, but out-of-warranty repairs can be much more expensive than third-party solutions. If you're looking to save some money you're not covered by Apple's warranty, you may want to check out our other recommendations.
How Do I Repair My iPhone With Apple?
How To Repair Your iPhone With Apple's Mail-In Service
- Visit Apple's support website to begin the online mail-in repair process.
- Alternatively, call 1-800-MY-APPLE (1-800-692-7753) to set up a repair.
How To Repair Your iPhone At The Genius Bar Inside Your Local Apple Store
- Visit Apple's website to make a Genius Bar appointment before you go into the store. Apple Stores are extremely busy, and if you don't have an appointment, you may have to wait for hours or end up being turned away. (Editor's note: I'm a former Apple tech and we're not exaggerating — please, do yourself a favor and make an appointment first!)
- When you arrive, go to the Genius Bar to check in for your appointment.
- Genius Bar appointments always include free diagnosis. If you're under warranty, many repairs can be done on the spot, but it all depends upon which parts are in stock. If you're not under warranty, the Genius will give you a quote for the cost of a repair.
No More "No Service"
Your iPhone 7 Plus has service once again, so you can start making phone calls and sending texts again. Next time it says "No Service" on your iPhone 7 Plus, you'll know exactly what to do. I hope you'll share this article on social media, or leave the UpPhone a comment down below!