In 2018, Charter Communications created Spectrum Mobile, a mobile virtual network operator delivering wireless coverage on Verizon’s cellular network. Spectrum Mobile is currently only available to Spectrum Internet subscribers, who can add this cellular service to their monthly package.
Spectrum Mobile offers two unique plan options to customers. You can pay a flat rate for unlimited cellular data, or you can pay for cellular data by the GB. For most people interested in Spectrum Mobile, the unlimited data plan will be a better deal. It costs more for 4 GB on the pay-as-you-go plan than it does to buy the unlimited data plan!
You can’t bring your own phone to Spectrum Mobile, but you can purchase a new phone directly from them. They sell many of the latest iPhones and Androids, including the iPhone X and Samsung Galaxy S9. If you need a phone case, SIM card, charger, or any other accessory, you can buy it from Spectrum as well. This carrier also has a phone trade-in program, which you can use to get cash for the old cell phone you can’t bring with you anyway!
One of the biggest benefits of signing up for a Spectrum Mobile plan is the access to a network of Wi-Fi hotspots across the nation. When using these Wi-Fi hotspots, you can access the internet without burning through your cellular data! Spectrum has also created a free app which you can use to manage your account and keep track of your data usage. If you are a Spectrum Internet customer, their cell phone plans are definitely worth a look!
Fun Facts About Spectrum Mobile
- Spectrum Mobile is currently exclusive to Spectrum internet subscribers.
- You can buy the latest iPhones and Androids directly from Spectrum.
- The University of Central Florida currently plays its football games in Spectrum Stadium.
- The Charlotte Hornets currently play NBA basketball in the Spectrum Center.
- Spectrum Mobile may just be the newest wireless carrier — it was launched June 2018!